Mascotte Charter School strongly believes that face-to-face, in-person instruction with our highly qualified teachers and staff is the best education we can provide our Eagles. With this instructional model students return to traditional school environment with enhanced health and safety protocols.
If you do not select an option, this will be your default enrollment status.
The deadline to Select an Option has been extended to Monday, July 27.
Academics and Operations
- Interact directly with teacher(s) and classmates on a daily basis on campus.
- Standard school schedule 8:25 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.; Monday - Friday.
General Health and Safety Guidelines on Campus
- Practice safe social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- Post signage and provide lessons to strongly encourage frequent hand washing and hygiene practices.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water will be available throughout the campus.
- Increased cleaning protocols, including replacing air filters more frequently.
- All equipment and instruments will be washed or wiped down after each use.
- Group gatherings will be limited.
- Face coverings on campus will be strongly recommended.
- Temperature checks will be conducted on any student or employee who exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any student who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms after having arrived at school will be isolated and required to wear a face mask. Parents will be expected to pick-up their child immediately upon notification.
School Bus Safety
- Students and staff will wear face coverings on the bus.
- Clean high touch areas between runs.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on each bus.
- Disinfect each bus thoroughly each day.
We are creating a cohort model, where students will spend time on campus with the group of students in their class, including in the classroom, the cafeteria, media center, and the playground. Interaction with students from other classes will be limited to the greatest extent possible. If a student displays symptoms of illness, it will likely impact their cohort classmates, and not the entire school, in terms of quarantine or other interventions.
We will continue to evaluate the most up-to-date information and make changes as appropriate. All options, policies and procedures are subject to change.