Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Pre-K to 5th Grade Students:
Dropped off at the front of the school.
Please enter from SR 50 and Midway Avenue.
Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. will proceed to their classrooms for Sensational Start.
After 8:25 a.m., parents must accompany students to the front office to sign-in using the computer in the office and complete the tardy form.
All students arriving between 7:50 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. should go directly to the cafeteria area.
School Begins. Students are considered tardy after 8:25 a.m.
Parents must accompany students to the front office to sign-in with a valid, government issued ID and complete the tardy sign-in process.
Students are expected to be in class on time (8:25 a.m.).
Three (3) tardies or three (3) early checkouts will equal one (1) unexcused absence.
CAR RIDER PICK-UP
We ask that EVERYONE use the DASHPASS APP for the car rider line during dismissal.
The DashPass APP is designed to make it safer and easier to pick up your student from school.
Once you arrive to school, the DashPass App will "queue" your student and notify your child's teacher that you have arrived. The teacher will "release" the child to the car rider line for pick-up.
Please open the DashPass App before you leave work/home. If your cellphone "location" settings are set to "always" on, it will notify your child's teacher without having to touch your phone.
Kindergarten to Grade 5:
Enter from SR 50 & Midway Ave. (Maps Below)
Pre-K & ESE:
For Pick-Up Only: Enter from SR 50 & Albrook St. (Ref. Map)
Pre-K and ESE Students:
- Please have the DASH PASS APP open, location services turn-on and ready on your cellphone before you arrive.
- ENTER school from SR 50 and Albrook Street.
- Hang your "Pink" Car Tag from your vehicles rear view mirror. If you need a new tag, please contact the school office.
- Parents are asked to be in the Pick-up line at 2:55 p.m. (1:55 p.m. on Wednesday).
- Pre-K Students must be picked up by an adult 18 years and older.
Kindergarten to 5th Grade Students:
- Please have the DASH PASS APP (see DASH PASS tab for instructions) open, location services turn-on and ready on your cellphone before you arrive.
- ENTER school from SR 50 and Midway Avenue
- Hang your "Blue" Car Tag from your vehicles rear view mirror. If you need a new tag, please contact the school office.
- Parents are asked to be in the pick-up line at 3:05 p.m. (no sooner that 2:30 p.m.) on Midway Avenue (2:05 p.m. on Wednesday).
All car-riding students should be picked up by 3:20 p.m. (2:20 p.m. on Wednesday).
Parents are asked to stay in their cars, off their phones and follow directions of the staff members on duty in the car rider area.
Bike riders are to wear helmets when riding a bike to and from school per state law. Students who walk or ride bicycles should leave immediately at school dismissal unless prearranged by a teacher.
Bicycles must be parked in the bike rack in the front of the school.
Please advise your child to obey all traffic rules and regulations. Failure to comply with safety rules will result in loss of bike riding privileges.
Student dismissal to the buses will be directed over the intercom. Students are to remain in the classroom until their bus is called (Bus Routes). Once the student has boarded the bus, he/she will not be allowed to leave the bus.
Every bus student must ride the bus home in the afternoon unless written or verbal permission from the parent has been received at the school office. Transported students are always transported by bus until we are notified of a change.
Children who are not bus-transported students are not permitted to ride the buses.
Transported students are not allowed to change buses or bus stops until the reason for the change has been cleared through the school office and the change approved by the principal, or the coordinator of transportation.
Students will not be allowed to ride a different bus than the one regularly assigned.
The same discipline is maintained on the bus as in the classroom. Riding the bus is a privilege. Students who fail to maintain appropriate behavior may be suspended from the bus.
BUS TRANSPORTATION WEBPAGE: https://mse.lake.k12.fl.us/information/transportation