Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- What is DashPass?
- Step 1 for Parent / Guardian #1 - Download the DashPass APP
- Step 2 - Create a CARPOOL using DashPass.
- Step 3 - Share your "Carpool" with Parent 2, Family / Friends so they can pick-up your child(ren)
- Step 1 for Parent #2, Guardian, Family or Friends
Yes, please Download the free app to get started.
We set-up DashPass for each parent using the main email account you used to register your child(ren). Parent/Guardian 2 or friends will log in as "All Others".
Once you have completed the set-up process (below), your app will notify your teacher that your have arrived to school and they will send your child to the car rider line.
Using a two-step authentication process, DashPass matches the phone number with the related student’s pickup information on file.
Parents / guardians can add or delete additional drivers to their pickup profile (secured by two-step verification process for new drivers). Parents request contactless early release and coordinate carpooling.
Location Services NEEDS to be on before your arrive for the APP to work properly. Please update your phone "settings" so location for DashPass in "Always" on.
- Apple Devices:
- Android Device:
Sharing the Pickup with Others
Both parties must be PRESENT to complete the steps below.
- Parent / Guardian 1 - open the App then click on the Student (bottom of app)
- Click on the Carpool you created for Parent / Guardian 2 or Family member.
- Click on Student (bottom of app)
- A QR Code appears.
- Now, wait / assist the spouse, guardian, other person to set-up their account (steps below)
Ask your spouse, guardian, OTHER PERSON to:
- Download & Open the DashPass App on THEIR phone.
- CLICK on "ALL OTHERS".
- This will prompt them to set-up their own personal login.
- UNDER "Don't have an account", click on SIGN-UP
- Spouse, guardian, other person will type their name, email, password.
- Read and Accept the "Terms and Conditions"
- Now they need to check THEIR email for a confirmation email.
- CLICK on "ALL OTHERS".
- Once the account set-up is complete, ask him/her to OPEN the DashPass App and Login under ALL OTHERS with the email and password he/she just created.
- Click on the "Students" tab (the bottom of the app)
- Click on the BLUE square
- Click "allow" the camera to open
- Scan the QR Code on Parent #1 phone
- This is why both parties need to be present to complete the set-up.
- Once the QR Code is scanned, Parent #1 will receive an email to confirm the request.
- This is an extra step for the safety of our families.
- This prevents people from picking up the student(s) without authorization from the parent/guardian.
- Once Parent #1 opens and accepts the email confirmation., the "All Others" can set-up a carpool with the student(s).
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR Location for the DASH PASS is set to ALWAYS ON. Please go to your phone settings to verify this is updated.
If you have any questions, please contact Robin Harris at 352-429-2294 x 5839.
Please ENTER through the Main Gate (Albrook St. & Midway Ave.) with the assistance of the Crossing Guard.
Please leave plenty of room so Emergency Vehicles and Residents can Enter and Exit our Local Streets and Driveways.
Please do NOT block the entrance to the Mascotte Police and Fire Department. The Police Department has advised us that they will Issue Citations if these areas are blocked. Please reference Florida State Statue #F.S.S. 316.1945 for more details.
Pre-K to 5th Grade Students:
Dropped off at the front of the school.
Please enter from SR 50 and Midway Avenue.
Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. will proceed to their classrooms for Sensational Start.
After 8:25 a.m., parents must accompany students to the front office to sign-in using the computer in the office and complete the tardy form.
All students arriving between 7:50 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. should go directly to the cafeteria area.
School Begins. Students are considered tardy after 8:25 a.m.
Parents must accompany students to the front office to sign-in with a valid, government issued ID and complete the tardy sign-in process.
Students are expected to be in class on time (8:25 a.m.).
Three (3) tardies or three (3) early checkouts will equal one (1) unexcused absence.
Kindergarten to Grade 5:
Enter from SR 50 & Midway Ave. (Maps Below)
Pre-K & ESE:
For Pick-Up Only: Enter from SR 50 & Albrook St. (Ref. Map)
Pre-K and ESE Students:
- Please have the DASH PASS APP open, location services turn-on and ready on your cellphone before you arrive.
- ENTER school from SR 50 and Albrook Street.
- Hang your "Pink" Car Tag from your vehicles rear view mirror. If you need a new tag, please contact the school office.
- Parents are asked to be in the Pick-up line at 2:55 p.m. (1:55 p.m. on Wednesday).
- Pre-K Students must be picked up by an adult 18 years and older.
Kindergarten to 5th Grade Students:
- Please have the DASH PASS APP (see DASH PASS tab for instructions) open, location services turn-on and ready on your cellphone before you arrive.
- ENTER school from SR 50 and Midway Avenue
- Hang your "Blue" Car Tag from your vehicles rear view mirror. If you need a new tag, please contact the school office.
- Parents are asked to be in the pick-up line at 3:05 p.m. (no sooner that 2:30 p.m.) on Midway Avenue (2:05 p.m. on Wednesday).
All car-riding students should be picked up by 3:20 p.m. (2:20 p.m. on Wednesday).
Parents are asked to stay in their cars, off their phones and follow directions of the staff members on duty in the car rider area.
Bike riders are to wear helmets when riding a bike to and from school per state law. Students who walk or ride bicycles should leave immediately at school dismissal unless prearranged by a teacher.
Bicycles must be parked in the bike rack in the front of the school.
Please advise your child to obey all traffic rules and regulations. Failure to comply with safety rules will result in loss of bike riding privileges.
Student dismissal to the buses will be directed over the intercom. Students are to remain in the classroom until their bus is called (Bus Routes). Once the student has boarded the bus, he/she will not be allowed to leave the bus.
Every bus student must ride the bus home in the afternoon unless written or verbal permission from the parent has been received at the school office. Transported students are always transported by bus until we are notified of a change.
Children who are not bus-transported students are not permitted to ride the buses.
Transported students are not allowed to change buses or bus stops until the reason for the change has been cleared through the school office and the change approved by the principal, or the coordinator of transportation.
Students will not be allowed to ride a different bus than the one regularly assigned.
The same discipline is maintained on the bus as in the classroom. Riding the bus is a privilege. Students who fail to maintain appropriate behavior may be suspended from the bus.
BUS TRANSPORTATION WEBPAGE: https://mse.lake.k12.fl.us/information/transportation