Dear Mascotte Students and Families,
Welcome to Mascotte Charter School where together, we LEARN, GROW, AND ACHIEVE.
I look forward to continuing our mission of providing our students with a challenging and enriching school experience. We are committed and dedicated to providing a Safe, Optimistic, Accountable, and Responsible learning environment for our students to SOAR.
It’s time to Get in the Game! The game plan for success:
- Having a GROWTH MINDSET - embracing challenges and mistakes.
- Stay focused on learning, stay focused on learning.
- Be resilient. If you experience a setback, acknowledge it, learn from it and move forward knowing that every day is a new day and a new opportunity!
- Believe in yourself, provide service to others, and be kind to everyone.
I believe that building strong relationships between home and school is a key factor in increasing student achievement. I encourage you to take an active role in your child’s learning. Research continues to show that Parental involvement is an essential component to student success.
Ways to support and increase your child’s academic success include:
- Make attendance a PRIORITY including limiting tardiness and absences
- Check Skyward Parent Portal regularly to stay informed of student progress
- Communicate often with your child’s homeroom teacher (Class Dojo)
- Read with your child at least 20 minutes a day
- Limit television and social media, encourage outside play
- Review the school day with your child
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Meet the Teacher – Thursday, August 8, 2019
Pre-K - 12:30-1:30 p.m.
K-3rd - 2:00-3:00 p.m.
4-5th - 4:00-5:00 p.m.
1st Day of School- Monday, August 12, 2019
School Hours: 8:25 a.m.-3:05 p.m. (M, T, TH, F)
8:25 a.m.-2:05 p.m. (Wed)
In the interest of safety, please do not drop off your children before 7:45 a.m., as there is no supervision before that time. Also, please be sure to pick up your children by 3:25 p.m. (2:25 p.m. Wednesdays) in the afternoon.
It remains an honor and privilege to serve as your principal. Please stop by and say hello. Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all children.
To learn more about our school and programs, explore the website at https://mse.lake.k12.fl.us and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get easy access to important Messages, Skyward, the Latest News, Calendar, Breakfast/Lunch Menus, Reporting Absences, Bus Transportation and much more.